Philosophy and Process
Our company is based on the principle that education about and understanding of your current financial situation is vital to successfully making prudent decisions concerning your future financial condition.
If you have any questions about your current financial situation or wish to schedule an appointment, send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give us a call (210) 490-7707.
We look forward to the opportunity to help you reach your goals!
At Kaarlsen Financial Strategies Group, we believe each person has their own unique needs and goals, and we structure our focus to meeting those needs and goals on an individual basis. We do not subscribe to the "One Size Fits All" theory of financial planning.
We work as fiduciaries with our clients and in this fiduciary relationship, we always:
- avoid any conflicts of interest
- act in the interest of our client rather than in our own interest
- provide and submit to oversight to assure that all business is transacted legally
- make decisions for the purpose of protecting our client's assets
At Kaarlsen Financial Strategies Group, we never act as custodians of client assets, instead we use many of the largest and most prestigious financial service companies and custodians in the world to hold our client's assets.
Additionally, Kaarlsen Financial Strategies Group understands how important it is for our clients that we keep abreast of the ever changing, dynamic world of financial services, so we go beyond just the required continuing education.
Our financial planning process is thorough and consists of six steps:
- Establishing and defining the client-planner relationship. We clearly explain the services that we can provide for our clients and how we will be paid and by whom. We come to agreements on how decisions should be made.
- Gathering data and defining goals. We ask for information about your financial situation and how you might like a planner to assist you. We gather information to understand your time frame and, if relevant, discuss your feelings about risk.
- Analyzing and evaluating the financial situation. Depending upon what services you have asked for, this could include analyzing your assets, liabilities, cash flow, current insurance coverage, investments or tax strategies.
- Developing recommendations. We seek to address your goals based on the information you provide. We help you understand the recommendations so you can make informed decisions. Additionally, we listen to your concerns and revise the recommendations as appropriate.
- Implementing the recommendations. We come to an agreement on which recommendations will be implemented and how they will be carried out.
- Monitoring the recommendations. We continually monitor the progress toward your goals and agree upon how we will periodically review your situation and adjust the recommendations as your life changes.